You may wonder why it’s worth your while to include Google+ in your social media marketing strategy, so let me give you two great reasons:
- SEO, or search engine optimization
- Google Hangouts, where you can host online meetings for FRE
When you post to your social media site on Google+, you are immediately feeding the No. 1 search engine and helping yourself stand out in the results. As of December 2014, Google+ was still listed the third most popular social network in the world. According to Alexa, Google is the most visited website in the world.
There are three ways you can post your content on Google+:
- If you have a Jetpack plugin on your WordPress website, set up an automatic link so that every time you hit your Publish button, your article goes immediately onto your Google+ site. Having the Jetpack plugin saves you time because you don’t have to visit Google+ directly.
- Post the link to your article in the Google+ communities who you think will most appreciate what you have to say. Just like Facebook has groups, Google+ has communities. You can search for like-minded people by searching for communities to join around your personal and professional interests. Communities may have tens of thousands or over a million members, so your blog can reach a much larger audience just by sharing to your Google+ communities.
- You can post your contend directly on the Home feed of your Google+ site.
I personally have gotten countless articles to the front page of Google just by publishing to Google+.
Once you have set up your basic Google+ profile, you can lead Google Hangouts.
You will find a square with little squares in it to the left of your avatar photograph at the top right corner of your Google+ account.
As you click on this icon, you will find an option for Google Hangouts.
In Google Hangouts, you can have a video call for up to 10 people.
This can be very useful if you would like to host a webinar for your business or social group and your members are around the world or unable to meet with you in person.
You can share messages and group conversations for up to 150 people through Google Hangouts.
How you may be able to use Google H angouts:
- For training customers and clients around the world
- For webinars
- For working one on one when you don’t want to pay for Skype or Zoom.us video conferences
- For product launches
- For voice calls with friends around the world
By giving you the option to offer messages only, voice only or video, Google Hangouts make it easy for you to communicate with people all over the world for FREE.
You can connect to Google Hangouts through your desktop or laptop computer OR on your cellphone through the Google Hangouts App.
Whether you want to market your products, business or services or you are wanting to connect with clients and friends worldwide, Google+ needs to be part of your social media strategy in order to win the Game of Social Media.